Tuesday, December 5, 2017

6/28/2013 - Chapter 20-1/2 (Continued)

Last week, Monty and I had lunch and were discussing the best way to file or cut the notches in the tension hoop that accommodate the "hooks" of the tension clamps.  Both Monty and I are currently trying to use bent spoons to form our hooks.  We ended up going to Harbor Freight company to see what kind of tools might be useful in this effort.

Monty found a small saw blade with extremely fine teeth specifically designed for use with a Dremel Moto Tool.  That night, he reported success:


And within just a couple of days, he had completed putting the hooks in place and tensioning the head:

So now, Monty is dealing with some stripped threads in his spoons.  You, dear reader, will soon learn of the outcome.  I plan to finish cutting my notches this weekend and move on to the completion of my spoon-hooks.  I've acquired two replacement U.S. Navy spoons to replace the ones I broke two weeks ago and I'm searching for a third.  Then we can complete the banjo and string it up.  I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment